Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
School Closure Objective
School Closure Work Flow
School Closure SOP
What is Web 2.0?
Web 2.0 Tools
Collaborative Learning and Student Directed Learning (What it means for teachers?)
Collaborative Learning (What it means for students?)
Student Directed Learning (What it means for students?)
Add "All Pages"
School Closure SOP
All Staff and pupils are briefed on their roles and responsibilities in the School Closure Simulation.
1. All Staff are briefed during staff contact time.
2. All students are briefed during school assembly.
3. Information letter will be sent out to inform the parents.
All Staff and Pupils are trained on how to navigate and operate the e-learning portal.
1. Three training days for MConline will be set aside for the staff
(28/7 - 29/7 from 2.30pm - 4.30pm at Com Lab 2 and 1st August from 2.30pm-4.30pm at Com Lab 2)
2. All students are trained on how to login to MConline
3. If Staff are using other e-learning portal other than MConline, do be reminded to train the students prior to the school closure simulation.
Measures have been taken by school to ensure that lesson packages can be operated from home PC (e.g. meet minimum hardware requirement, having the necessary software)
1. Staff are remined to carry their own trial run on the e-learning packages within their department.
2. Run through your completed lesson package among your department or with any random colleagues. You could even do a trial run with some of your students. By doing so, you are able to pre-empt any problems and come up with the necessary solution.
3. Trial run. For teachers using MConline as the learning platform. Below are two dummy students accounts. You can use them to try out. Just remember to assign the lessons to "Sec 2> Dummy class". After your assign, just login as the students to view.
Login ID: student1
Sch ID: YSS
Login ID: student2
Sch ID: YSS
Submission of Lessons
1. Refer to work flow. (20 - 27 July 2011)
2. All Hardcopy of Lesson package must be submitted by 1st of August 2011 via
S:\COMMON DEPT\School Emergency\School Closure Simulation\2011\Softcopy Lessons\4-5Aug11
School Closure Simulation Lesson Plan Template 2011.doc
Hardcopy assignment cover page.doc
List of students' telepohone contact number is updated to ensure communication with students via phone
1. Form teacher to check with form class and update any changes.
List of students with no PC / Internet connection
1. Form teachers to be aware of students with no PC / Internet connection.
2. Subject teachers to be aware of students with no PC / Internet connection so that hardcopy of lesson package could be created.
3. To submit a list of students with no PC / Internet connection to General Office.
Staff to be mindful of teaching and learning consideration
1. Establish Learning pedagogies (SdL vs CoL)
2. Establish Learning Outcome
3. Able to cater to different streams and ability groups
4. Any pre-requisite knowledge / IT skills that are necessary for the execution of the e-learning lessons
5. Use of appropriate instructional media / modes / open tools
6. Use of appropriate assessment modes
7. Lesson pacages meet the content requirement of the core subject syllabuses
8. Preparation of Hardcopy lesson package
9. Lesson planned should not be too teacher centred. As a rule of thumb for an online lesson, the student should only spent about 1/3 of the lesson time receiving instructions or getting help from the teachers. the remaining 2/3 of the time should be spent on either discussion with the students or doing research / factfinding by themselves. However the teacher should still maintain an online presence in case the students need help.
Posting of information / instructions to students
1. All instructions pertaining to School Closure Simulation should be posted on the teachers' web at
as well as the department web.
2. All Form teachers and subject teachers are to physically go through with the students on where they can extract the necessary information during the school closure simulation.
3. Information that should be displayed:
- Where is the lesson parked? (Mconline, Other web tools, teachers' web)
- The login process
- How should the students do the lesson?
- The communication channel (Facebook, Chatroom, Messanger...etc)
- When should the students submit the lesson? (after the lesson ,school reopen , end of the day...etc)
- How do the students submit the lesson? (Mconline, email , facebook...etc)
4. For department using non english medium, perhaps a hardcopy instruction should be printed and given out before hand,
Collection of Hardcopy Lesson Package
1. Students with no PC / Internet Connection can collect the lesson package on 3rd August 2011, 2.30pm outside the General Office.
2. Three Main Counters which three sub counters each will be created for Sec 1 - 3. NT - E stream.
3. Each of the Counters will be manned by two practicum teachers.
4. Students whom are unable to collect on the 3rd of August will have to come back on 4th of August 2011, 8am to collect the Lesson Packages
Consolidating of lesson
1. The ICT champs are consolidating the lesson packages within the department. Hopefully, we can consolidate all the information and make the information easily accessible to everyone.
2. We need these information as it helps form teachers to answer any enquiries as well as in the event of MC, the relief teacher is able to know what to do.
1. Uploading your Lesson
Mrs. Simmi had prepared a short and concise instructional manual on how to upload your resources to share with your students as well as teachers. Do see the PDF attachment. Thanks Mrs. Simmi for the sharing!
UPLOADING RESOURCES ON MCONLINE.pdf
2. How do i create a virtual class if my classes are banded?
We had actually touched on this during the MConline Training. Nevertheless, it is quite easy as well. Do refer to the attachment. Refer to the attachment on Virtual Class
3. Uploading Test papers
Some of you may be planning to upload Test Papers. Do you know that MConline can marked for you if it's MCQs? You just need to convert your paper into PDF format and follow the instructions given! Just refer to "UPload Test Paper MCQ" to find out!
4. What about Chatroom, Assign Test Papers, Creating New Test Papers?
Simply refer to the user manual. Log in to MConline and
Actual School Closure Simulation Exercise
Locations of The Various Departments
Command Centre - General Office
C & T - Technology Room
EL - IT Room 2
Humanitites - Com Lab 4
Maths / CPA - IT Room 1
Mother Tongue - Oasis Instructional Room
PE - PE Staff Room
Science - Meeting Room
1. Form Teachers to use Login report.
Attendance using Login Report.doc
5. Form teachers to upload the login report to S:\COMMON DEPT\School Emergency\School Closure Simulation\2011 by 830am latest.
6. Form teachers have to call students with no PC/Internet via phone or studetns with PC/internet but have yet to login by 830am to confirm their attendance.
7. Form teachers to alert the CONTROL
ROOM for any discrepencies.
Loss of PC / Internet Connection
1. All Students who experienced breakdown of PC or loss of Internet Connection are to call the General Office.
2. To come down within 1 hour to collect hardcopy of the lesson package.
Technical Assistance (STAFF)
1. Proceed to Command Centre
Technical Assistance (Student)
1. Contact helpdesk at MConline: 6777 5198
Feedback , Survey
1. Students are to complete an online survey at the end of the first and seconday day of the School Closure Simulation.
2. Teachers are to complete an online survey at the end of the second day of the School Closure Simulation
Post School Closure Simulation Exercise
Tabulation of Survey Results of Students
By 3rd week of August
Assess effectiveness of School Closure Simulation
By 4th week of August
11th August 2011
End of Exercise Report
by 4th week of August
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"